Kapesovo is 43 km away from Ioannina and is situated amphitheatrically on the edge of Mesaria, at an altitude of 1,100 meters. The visitor can see the large stone houses of the village and visit the church of Saint Nikolaos (1793).
In addition, there is a library, the Folklore Museum (Paschalion School), where it houses the original map of Rigas Feraios, the chapel of Taxiarches (1770), the church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary 1763. In the 18th century, the villagers of Kapesovo became famous hagiographers, who developed their own style and created churches not only in the region of Epirus, but also in Macedonia and Aitoloakarnania.
A significant personality of Kapesovo was Alexis Noutsos (1769 – 1822).