It is unknown when exactly this village was founded. It existed however, before the arrival of the Turks. In its present position it was moved in the early 16th century. Until then, it was in the “Paliohori” site.
At the end of the 17th century, the Turkish-Albanians of Karamouratia violently beat the real estate of the villages of Saint Minas and Mesovouni. The inhabitants of these villages finally moved out. The Turkish-Albanians sold the fields of Mesovouni to the abbot of the Ravenna Monastery, Daniel.
Abbot Daniel installed families in nearby areas in the area of Messovouni in the year 1745. This year is considered the date of establishment of the present village. Around 1750, the abbot of the monastery Artsistas, Damianos brought zeugitae (laboureurs) to cultivate the fields, who settled there permanently.
Its inhabitants did not travel and the village did not have the evolution of the others. Until 1860, there was no church, and there was only a classroom-2 classroom – where reading and writing, and elementary mathematics, were taught.
In 1885 an elementary school was established with 4 classes. At the same time the population was 140 people. In 1940, during the Greek-Italian War, the village was abandoned and plundered by the Italians. Two houses were burned and there were 7 victims.
An important monument is the church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary 1858.