The village, built at 960 meters, is already known since 1361 and refers to the golden-sealed Presidential Decree of the Serbian ruler Symeon, which recognizes to John Tsafa Ursini the possession of extensive areas in Epirus. However, it is unknown when it was originally built.
From this area originate the teachers of the nation, Neophytos Doukas and Neophytos Dottos as well as the physician and writer Ioannis Lambridis.
During the 18th and 19th centuries, remarkable buildings were built and considered to be “Spiritual Fire”, which started from the Monastery of Evangelistria (1790).
On 29-8-1944, the Germans set the village on fore, which resulted in the destruction of 4 houses and the death of one victim.
Other important monuments of the village are the church of Saint Dimitrios (1793) and the old school, where the library of Neophytos Doukas is located and rare books are hosted. The Labridian Home School, where weaving courses were held since 1934, has been closed.