The village of Leptokaria is situated 60 km away from Ioannina. It is a beautiful village in the forest that does not have the traditional color that one expects to see in the villages of Zagori. The reason is the village had been totally burnt down twice in the past, the first time was in 1912 by the Turks and the second, in 1943 by the Germans. It is worth seeing the stone bridges around the village and the churches of Saint Athanasios and Saint Nikolaos.
Southeast of Fragades, on a small hill (Paliomonastero), are located the ruins of an old monastery. According to tradition, it was were dedicated to the Taxiarches Gabriel and Michael, and belonged to the local communities of Frangades and Leptokaria.