Papigo is built at the foot of Astraka. Separated in two districts, Megalo and Mikro Papigo, which are two kilometers apart. An impressive feature of the landscape is the five imposing “towers” of Astraka, which rise above the settlements.
The square of Megalo Papigo is located at an altitude of 960 meters.
Important monuments are the Church of Saint Vlasios (1852 AD) built on ruins of an earlier temple (912 AD), the bell tower (1887 AD), the elementary school (1897) and a valuable library of Mich. Anagnostopoulos, the Church of Saint Georgios (1774 AD), the Holy Church of Saint Paraskevi, considered the oldest of the village, the church of Panagia Paliouri (980 AD)
On the way from Megalo to Mikro Papigo there are small natural pools called swimming pools.
Mikro Papigo has an altitude of 1000m.
An important monument is the church of the Taxiarches, its temple has ornate decoration and separate icons. In Mikro Papigo there is the Information Center of Nature and Culture in Zagori of the Greek department of WWF.