Generally, the inaccessibility of the area combined with many rivers and streams, especially during the winter months, required in the past the construction of bridges. The «golden age» of Zagori has allowed wealthy families to fund expensive and sometimes unsuccessful village connection projects. Today, about 60 bridges are preserved in very good condition, and there are testimonies about another hundred that have been destroyed.
Saint Minas Bridge
Small bridge near Dilofo, built next to the homonymous small church. It is unknown when and by whom it was built.
The bridge is the one that connects the neighborhoods in the village of Vrysochori.
It is located at the entrance of Vrysohori.
It is located on the way to St Minas just outside Vrysochori.
It is located in Skamneli (1808 AC).
It is located in the centre of the village of Vrysochori.
It is close to the village of Kipi.
Siomena and Stathis Bridge
They are both in the village of Dikorfo. The first one, is unknown by whom and when it was built, while for the second one, the built-in slab informs us that it was financed by Stasoulis Stathis in 1904.
It is located closeto Vrysochori.
The bridge is near Tsepelovo (1804 AC).
The bridge of the Bear
It was built in 1806 at a cost of 40 Napoleons coins. It was formerly called “Xeropotamos bridge”…
Stone bridge on the old pedestrian street in the stream of Gura-Tristeno . Its distinctive feature is the tap with the stone sink on the bridge’s body.
Kalogeriko or Plakida
It is located near the village of Kipi (1814 AC) and is a typical three-arched bridge.
The three-arched bridge is located three kilometers east of the village of Anthrakitis…
It is stone built on the Zagoritiko River (a tributary of Arachthos) and is an example of the architecture…
Bridge of Kleidonia – St Minas
The Kleidoniavitsa bridge was built in 1853 by Maljak Pasha’s Baltaki Chunoum and cost 37,000 grosia…
Kokkoros or Noutsos
It is located between the villages of Dilofo, Kipoi and Koukouli and is built in 1750 at the expense of the Consul General of Zagori Noutsos Kontodimou from Vradeto…
Kontodimos or Lazaridis
Το γεφύρι βρίσκεται μεταξύ των χωριών Κήποι και Κουκούλι (1830μ.Χ.)
It was funded by the ruler Alexis Misios from Monodendri in 1748. It is a double arched bridge, built on the Gorge of Vikos, it follows the stairs of Vitsa, a path that connects the villages of Vitsa and Koukouli.
It is located in Elati and connects the village with Dilofo. It was named after the adjacent mill and was funded by Dimitris Xinos, the time that it was constructed remains uknown and it cost 1000 grosia, at the time.
One-arched stone bridge with three more bows in its access to the left bank of the River Barda. Characteristic of the pseudo-arched shape of the large bow.