About 2 km before Tsepelovo on a forested hill in the area of Rogovo is a monastery dedicated to St Giannis the precursor. It was built in 1028-1034 by Pulcheria the sister of the emperor of Byzantium Romanos III. After the destruction from the Serbian domination, the brothers Kontodemos from Vradeto and the priest Nikodemus rebuilt it. Today, it has no monks, but it is preserved as a historical monument.
Every year on the 24th of June a feast is held by the monastery.
It is worth mentioning that, in the area of the monastery lies the only point where the two sides of the Vikos gorge stand so close. Interesting locations near the monastery are Ashtario, the chapel of Paliagiorgi, Saint Paraskevi of Rogovo and Palihogifyro.